Mexican Picadillo Recipe
All the flavor of Picadillo, less the fat.
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced to ½” cubes
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 medium tomato, cored and diced
- Brown the turkey in olive oil.
- Add onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, and all spices. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cilantro.
- Add stock and simmer for 25 minutes.
Switch it up a bit. Use it as a dip for tortillas, or blend cultures and top gluten-free French baguette.
Why not use it as a filling for tacos? Stuff your organic corn taco with picadillo then add the rainbow of veggies and legumes.